Saturday, January 2, 2010

Garlic and Cheese Biscuits


Okay, I am not a big Red Lobster fan, but I would go there just for their Garlic Cheese Biscuits. This recipe tastes just like them...and you don't have to go to Red Lobster to get them! They are super easy, super delicious, and...well, try them!

Garlic and Cheese Biscuits
Printable Version

2 1/2 cups Bisquick
3/4 cup cold whole milk
4 Tbs. cold butter
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 heaping cup cheddar cheese, grated

For top:
2 Tbs. melted butter
1/4 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix bisquick and cold butter with a pastry blender or fork. Do not mix too thoroughly, there should be small chunks of butter, about the size of peas. Add cheddar cheese, milk and garlic. Mix, but do not overmix.
Drop 1/4 cup portions of the dough on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until tops of biscuits are a light golden brown.
While biscuits are baking, combine melted butter, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Brush biscuits immediately after removing from the oven. Serve.

Makes 12-15 biscuits.
Recipe From: Melissa

5 comments:

Emilee said...

I agree with you I love the biscuts at Red Lobster but the 2 times I have eaten there left me with no desire to go back, and I like seafood! I will have to try these.

Michelle said...

Is Red Lobster still around? I remember them from when I was a kid but haven't seen one in years.

Michelle said...

Is Red Lobster still around? I remember them from when I was a kid but haven't seen one in years.

Aussiemuminthekitchen said...

I think I'll make these to go with dinner tonight!

Amanda said...

Delicious! I made them for dinner tonight!