Sunday, February 6, 2011

Monkey Bread



We eat monkey bread every Christmas morning in my home, and I look forward to it all year long. It is so easy to make, so I decided that it could be a every-big-holiday breakfast! I made it for the first time without my mom this Easter morning. It was ooey-gooey and delicious, and now I can't wait until Christmas! (If I can wait that long!)


Monkey Bread


1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
18 freezer rolls (I use Rhode's)
1 small package Cook N' Serve Butterscotch pudding
1 cube butter (1/2 cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon

The night before you want to serve these, grease a Bundt pan or an Angel Food Cake pan (grease fairly generously).
Put in chopped nuts and frozen rolls. Sprinkle butterscotch pudding over rolls. Melt butter in a small dish and add brown sugar and cinnamon, mix until combined.

Pour butter mixture over rolls. Let sit overnight, covered with
plastic wrap, on the cabinet. The next morning, bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes. Cover with foil for the last 10 minutes to avoid browning too much. Remove from the oven and invert onto serving plate.

Serves 6-8.
Recipe from Momma!

No comments: