Sunday, November 14, 2010

Garlic Balsamic Quinoa Salad

I always, always have left over quinoa. There is something about me that just can't seem to figure out how to measure, rice, pasta, or quinoa anywhere CLOSE to how many servings that I actually need. Sooo, I have been forced to find meals to make with my extra quinoa lately. Quinoa Salad is delicious. Really easy, really, really healthy, and sooo good. This one has been my favorite so far, but I am quite the Balsamic vinegar addict...


Garlic Balsamic Quinoa Salad
Printable Version

2 T olive oil
½ tsp crushed red pepper
1 cup quinoa, rinsed
2/3 cup spinach leaves, chopped
1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
½ cup feta cheese
2 T shaved fresh Parmesan
½ cup balsamic vinegar
1T Dijon mustard
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1/3 cup olive oil
Freshly ground salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Remove the papery part of the garlic and cut top off the head.  Break into separate cloves.  Toss with olive oil and wrap in foil.  Bake for one hour.  Cool and squeeze out garlic pulp.
Cook your quinoa following package directions. Or, like me, throw it in a rice cooker and forget about it!
While quinoa is cooking, combine spinach, tomato, feta cheese and parmesan in a large bowl.  Toss gently.
Make dressing by combining vinegar, mustard, red pepper flakes and roasted garlic in a blender.  Add in olive oil in a fine stream and blend until combined.
When quinoa is completely cooled, add to the spinach and cheese mixture. Dish up individual servings and drizzle dressing over the top to serve.


Serves 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So thankful to find you on FB and it led me to the blog world....Loving your site

Unknown said...

I have made something like this and you are right they are SOOOO good. My family loves them.

Mica
Cell Phone Repair Bellevue