Sunday, August 14, 2011

Katie's Chocolate Chip Cookies


Since I can remember, my cousin Katie has ALWAYS made the best cookies. Whenever she is kind enough to share them with me (which is WAY too often!) I tend to eat half of the plate, on my own. It is a delightful indulgence...until I realize what I have done! So, for those of you looking for those "I ate way too many of these" cookies...here is the recipe. I hope you can enjoy them as often as I have. They are great straight from the oven, or I throw them in a freezer bag and we nab one each night after dinner. We eat them frozen or pop them in the microwave for about 8 seconds...mmm I need one now! good thing there is only 3 minutes left on my timer!

Katie’s Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Version

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups flour(I do 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white)
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, shortening and sugars, very well. Like for 4 minutes very well.  Add vanilla and eggs, mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add chocolate chip and mix with a spoon. Use a small cookie scoop and drop balls about 1 inch apart on a greased cookie sheet. Even better, use a silpat. Bake at 350 degrees for 9-10 minutes.

Recipe from Katie

2 comments:

Marjie said...

OH, yeah, these are tasty!

Sell WoW Account said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.