Thursday, November 10, 2011

Coconut Crusted Chicken with Orange Dipping sauce

MMM mmm good! Perfect crunch, perfect sweetness, a little tang, and, like I said, MMM mmm good! Every bite left me wanting more.

Coconut Chicken with Orange Dipping Sauce
Printable Version

1 egg
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
½ cup flour
½ tsp. garlic powder
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. black pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
½ cup butter, melted
1/2 cup orange marmalade
2 Tbs. Dijon mustard

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Beat egg in medium bowl; set aside. Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and peeper in a shallow bowl. Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture.

Place on the baking sheet. Once all the chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.

Prepare the orange sauce by combining the marmalade and the mustard together. Serve with rice or quinoa.

Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Pennies on a Platter

7 comments:

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Hey! That was on my list to make this week! I thought that pic looked familiar! glad to hear it's yummy, I'll follow through on making it!

Marjie said...

..sounds so good--our dinner was great last night, thanks to you!

Julie said...

I have no doubts I would love this!!

dragongirl said...

You forgot to put the oven temp. but I looked it up from your source recipe to see 400degrees. Just thought you'd want to know. Thanks for great recipes throughout your site.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Administrator said...

Thank you for the recipe. I highlighted it in one of my directories. http://grannyenchantedskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/05/dinner-directory-page-1.html

BlackEyesFading said...

I would just like to say I made this recipe the other night, using gluten free flour and substituting the butter for coconut oil. It was so, so, so, juicy and delicious. It was a huge hit with my chef husband too! 5 star recipe!

Kim said...

Love this recipe. It has made it into our weekly rotation. We use wheat flour and use pam instead of the butter and it's still delicious (although I'm sure not as delicious as going full out :) Love it.