Thursday, February 27, 2014

Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls


I can’t believe I haven’t posted these little babies. They have been a staple in our home for months and months! My super-fit awesome friend Tennille made these for me on one of our early morning runs (drives) to the gym...and I pretty much begged her to make them for me again-daily, if possible! I quickly grabbed the recipe and I have a constant store of them in my freezer-well, unless my husband sneaks a few to many a day, then I open the freezer to an almost gone supply! Which is so, so sad. Make them for your protein-packed, cookie dough tasting, snack:)!

Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls

2 cups raw almonds
1/3 cup chocolate whey protein powder
3/4 cup almond or peanut butter
2 Tbs. honey, melted
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips

In a food processor, finely blend raw almonds. Add all remaining ingredients except chocolate chips to food processor and blend thoroughly. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into 1" balls and freeze for at least 30 minutes. They can remain in the freezer in a ziplock bag for up to three months. Enjoy!

Recipe from Tennille
Makes 48 ping pong size balls