Friday, September 10, 2010

Pesto Pork Panini


I can't even tell you how obsessed I am with pesto right now. My amazing friend, Ali, let me borrow some one night when I was in a crunch before dinner. She suggested making Pesto, tomato, and mozzarella paninis. I kicked it up a notch and this is what I came up with! Since this meal I have also done avocado, sweet bell peppers, thinly sliced turkey, pesto and havarti cheese, and HOLY yum! Give it a shot, you will thank me! (And Ali!)

Pesto Panini

4 slices bread
2 Tbs. pesto (I used Knorr brand Pesto Sauce Mix)
1 1/2 Tbs. mayonaise
1 Tbs. EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)

Pork Panini
1 medium roma tomato
1 pork loin, thinly sliced and sauteed
mozzarella cheese

Turkey Panini
4 slices turkey
1/2 avocado
1 sweet bell pepper
2 slices havarti cheese

Preheat your panini press.
For the pesto, either use pre-made pesto or purchase a Knorr brand Pesto Sauce Mix. I found this near the gravy mixes in the grocery store. Pour package into a small bowl, and add mayo and EVOO. Spread 1 Tbs. of pesto on 2 of the slices of bread.
Divide tomato, pork, and mozzarella evenly between the bread.
Place the sandwiches in the panini press and close the lid. Grill the sandwich until the bread is toasty and the cheese is melted. Slice in half and serve warm.

Serves 2.




No comments: