Saturday, May 14, 2011

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas


They are seriously so yummy. They have been the perfect go-to meal for our family for almost 3 years! I bet I make these at least once a month. Everyone is always pleased, they are a no-fail guarantee. The meat is sweet, while the sauce has just the perfect kick to it.  The creamy cheese and cream (bad description word, sorry!) make these enchiladas melt in your mouth. They balance eachother out perfectly! It is an extremely easy recipe, and, as I said, delicious!

Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
Printable Version

3 1/2 tablespoons honey
Juice from 1 large lime
1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded, or a rotisserie chicken
4 flour tortillas
12 oz. monterey jack cheese, shredded
10 ounces green enchilada sauce
1/2 cup heavy cream

Mix the first four ingredients and toss with shredded chicken. Let it marinate for at least 1/2 hour. Pour about 1/2 cup enchilada sauce on the bottom of a 8x8 baking pan. Fill flour tortillas with chicken and shredded cheese, saving about 1 cup of cheese to sprinkle on top of enchiladas. Mix the remaining enchilada sauce with the cream and leftover marinade. Pour sauce on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until brown and crispy on top.

Serves 2.
Recipe from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe

6 comments:

Marjie said...

I LOVE these!! So good to eat.

Ally said...

funny you posted this today because I made them yesterday. My recipe was slightly different, but boy are they good!

teresa said...

one of my favorite 'lada recipes!

Ashley Wray said...

I'm not a huge enchilada fan, but I do love lime! After seeing this recipe I had to try them. Had them for dinner tonight...soooo good! Even my girls loved them. This will definetly be a go to recipe, thanks Chels!

Unknown said...

We still love this recipe, from the first time you posted it years ago! Question: do you make your own green enchilada sauce? Do you have a brand that you prefer?

Chelsea and Cody said...

Kecia-it is oooo sooo good! I don't make my own green enchilada sauce...I am Lazy-o! Honestly, I buy whatever brand I see, sorry I can't be more specific!