Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Pulled Pork


This is my FAVORITE recipe of all time. My mom has been making it for me, well, forever. There is not a birthday that I can remember that I didn't request this meal. Which, I am sure made my mother sooooo happy seeming how it is the easiest meal ever, and since my birthday is so close to Christmas she was stressed out enough! It is tangy, juicy, perfectly tender. MMM! I am still stuffed from eating this for dinner 4 hours ago and I want to have seconds...right now...at 10:43 at night! I LOOOVEEEE it! Anyway, I obviously hope that you all try this recipe, tomorrow, preferably!

Sweet Pulled Pork
Printable Version

1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbs. vinegar
4 Tbs. soy sauce (or this to be GF)
3 lbs. pork butt

Wrap the pork butt completely in foil. Put in the slow cooker and pour ½ cup water around pork. Cook on low for 8-10 hours. Remove from crock pot and drain juice and water. Shred pork, removing excess fat, with two forks.
Meanwhile mix ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce until blended. Return shredded pork to crock pot and pour sauce mixture over pork roast and cook on low for an additional 1-2 hours.  (There are days when I just need that extra punch...so sometimes I make a little extra sauce to put on top...but that is not needed!) Serve over your favorite rice or on hoagie rolls and be amazed!

Serves 6.

No comments: