Monday, February 18, 2013

Carrot Pineapple Cake

My husband hates chunks in his food. Thankfully, I am a rock star wife and I cater to his crazy-no-chunk needs! I puree onions each and every time that they are in a recipe (which is sooo often!). Okay, now to the cake. I could eat an entire carrot cake, but my husband is not a fan. He also is NOT a fan of pineapple (unless it is fresh, grilled pineapple, who couldn’t love that?) This cake, however, has both, and he loves it! I adore it when I can combine ingredients and make them taste even more delicious than the original ingredient!

Carrot Pineapple Cake
Printable Version

Cake
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 cup finely shredded carrot
1 cup crushed pineapple(with syrup)
1 tsp. vanilla

Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a large bowl. Add vegetable oil, eggs, carrot, pineapple, and vanilla. Mix all ingredients together until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed on electric mixer. Bake in greased and lightly floured 13 x 9 inch pan in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool then top with frosting. (below)

The BEST Cream Cheese Frosting
6 oz cream cheese (room temperature)
8 Tb. Butter (room temperature)
2 tsp. vanilla
dash salt
4 cups powdered sugar

Cream butter and cream cheese together, then beat in vanilla and salt. Gradually add powdered sugar. Top cake with frosting.

Makes 1 9x13 inch cake

3 comments:

Ashthecat said...

Is there a reason you need to use the pineapple with syrup instead of juice?

Chelsea and Cody said...

Ashthecat...I guess I just mean do not drain the syrup/juice that it is soaking in. Sorry for the confusion!

Unknown said...

I'm a huge fan of carrot cake and the pineapple is a wonderful addition. Looks great.