Tuesday, February 12, 2013

White Velvet Sugar Cookies


O my, O my, O my. These are delicious Perfectly moist, not too sugary, heaven in a cookie! Unfortunately, I liked them too much...it is a holiday, right?!! (Excuses, Excuses!) I definitely ate my fair share of these today, and every time I have made them in the past. This is the only sugar cookie I make anymore, and there is good reason for it! I can't wait to continue making these-forever! The frosting is a cream cheese frosting, and gets a perfect glaze when you spread it on. It makes them a look a little more professional! TRY THEM!!!

White Velvet Sugar Cookies
Printable Version

2 cups butter, softened
1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
2 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
4 ½ cups flour

Cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well.  Gradually add flour. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.  Roll out on floured surface to ¼ inch thickness.  Cut into 3-inch shapes; place on greased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set (but not browned).  Cool 5 minutes.  Place on wire racks to cool.

2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 stick (4 ounces) cream cheese
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tbs. milk
2 Tbs. butter

Cream the cream cheese and butter, then add the milk. Mix in electric mixer. Add powdered sugar and mix. Add vanilla when all is well combined to avoid discoloration.

Frost cookies and serve.

Recipe from Mom and Laurel
Makes about 48 two inch cookies

2 comments:

The Grandys said...

MMM these were so delicious, thanks for posting the recipe and sharing some of the cookies!

Unknown said...

I made this recipe for shamrock cookies for St Patricks Day last night, but the frosting never hardened, so when I stacked them in a container to bring to work the bottom layers are stuck to the wax paper.

I would probably use a different frosting next time that I know will harden, but the cookies are delicious!