Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Lemon Muddy Buddies

It doesn’t get much better than peanut butter and chocolate, especially for me. That is definitely my weakness, in fact, every year for my birthday, my husband whips up this Choco-Peanut Butter Delight. It hits the spot...I wish he made it every month, not just once a year! With that said, I made peanut butter chocolate desserts so often that I decided to please my husband for once! He is all about tart lemon desserts, so when I saw these Lemon Muddy Buddies, I had to give them a shot. Can you guess who is the one who binged on them?! Yep, ME! Of course. I just couldn’t keep my little fingers away from these, and you won’t be able to either:)


Lemon Muddy Buddies

8 c. Rice Chex cereal
1 c. white chocolate chips or candy melts
1/2 c. lemon curd
1/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. powdered sugar

Melt white chocolate, butter, and lemon curd in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
Pour Rice Chex into a large paper bag (grocery size) and pour melted lemon mixture over cereal. Fold the bag to seal and shake to coat cereal.
Add powdered sugar to paper bag and shake once more to coat.
Spread out on cookie sheet to cool; once completely cool, store at room temperature in airtight containers.
Recipe from lemontreedwelling.com
Makes about 8 cups

No comments: