Saturday, February 6, 2010

Cody's Choco-Peanut Butter Delight Frosting



My hubb is pretty great...for my birthday he not only got me an beautiful and amazing crib and dresser for our baby (I am due June 23, and we can't wait!), but he also made me this cake. It is RIGHT UP MY ALLEY. He knew he couldn't go wrong with Peanut Butter and Chocolate, and boy was he right! I couldn't stop eating it, I am so glad he just made a few little portion-sized dishes, because I would have eaten the ENTIRE PAN! (He must have known that and thought to himself, "Do I really want my 4 month only baby to consume an entire cake just because his mom does?" ha! Anyway, this is KILLER, KILLER, and I expect to eat it every birthday for the rest of my life! YESSS!!! (This is just the frosting recipe, he used a box cake and topped it with Resees Peanut Butter Cups and chocolate shavings. For the entire recipe, click here.)

Cody's Choco Peanut Butter Delight Frosting

10 oz cream cheese, softened
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
5 cups confectioner's sugar, sifted
2/3 cup creamy peanut butter (or add 1/3 cup more if you really love PB)

In a bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add confectioner's sugar one cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Continue to beat on medium speed for 4 minutes.
Add peanut butter and beat until thoroughly blended.

Recipe adapted from Smitten Kitchen.
Frosts one 9x13 inch cake.

2 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Yummy! Way to go Cody! I need to send you this recipe for Reese's peanut butter bars. So super easy and so delicious, they taste exactly (if not better) than the candy bar. Go check your email, I'm sending it now!

teresa said...

mmm, looks delish!