Thursday, February 12, 2009

White Velvet Sugar Cookies




O my, O my, O my. These are D-licious! (Even the ones that my adorable nephew doused with sprinkles and licked his fingers repeatedly while frosting!) Perfectly moist, not too sugary, heaven in a cookie! Unfortunately, I liked them too much...it is a holiday, right?!! (Excuses, Excuses!) I can't wait to continue making these-forever! TRY THEM!!!


From: Mom


2 cups butter, softened

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened

2 cups sugar

2 egg yolks

1 tsp. vanilla

4 ½ cups flour


Cream butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla; mix well.  Gradually add flour. Cover and chill 2 hours or until firm.  Roll out on floured surface to ¼ inch thickness.  Cut into 3-inch shapes; place on greased baking sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until set (but not browned).  Cool 5 minutes.  Place on wire racks to cool.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I saw these on Amanda's blog today. I cannot wait to make them!