Monday, July 13, 2009

Watermelon Salad

Talk about refreshing...this is my new favorite summer salad. The sweet watermelon contrasts perfectly with the tangy onion and fresh basil. The creamy feta is in a league of its own...my mouth is watering right this instant! My mom made this along with some delicious Cafe Rio Pork for dinner, (which is one of my all time favs), and I could barely stop eating the watermelon salad to eat the pork! I can't wait to make this side dish for a great summer BBQ...whoever is there will LOVE it.

Watermelon Salad
Printable Version

6 cups watermelon, diced
4 oz. feta, crumbled
3/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
1/2 cup fresh basil, sliced thin
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar

Prepare watermelon, feta, red onion and basil. Combine all together and drizzle balsamic vinegar just prior to serving.

Serves 6.

2 comments:

Creative Classroom Core said...

I will be making this to go with dinner tonight :) Thanks for sharing!

Ashley Wray said...

This looks so yummy, I'm going to have to try it out soon!