Monday, July 27, 2009

Chicken Tortellini Bake

I have a weakness for cheese. O how I wish I had a weakness for something else, something HEALTHY! But I don't, so I might as well just give in, right? When I saw this recipe on a friend's blog, I knew that I just had to make it. Unfortunately, I knew that I would also have to change it quite a bit to fit our family's tastes, but it all worked out WONDERFULLY! I mixed her recipe with one of my own, Chicken Tortilla Bake, and came out with a delicious dish. It was extremely easy and perfect for a quick, weeknight meal.

Chicken Tortellini Bake
Printable Version

16 ounce package of cheese tortellini, thawed(pre-packaged in the refrigeration isle)
1 chicken breast boiled or sauteed and cut into bite size pieces
8 ounces chicken broth
1 4 oz. can green chilies
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup shredded Monterrey jack cheese
3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Mix the monterey jack and mozzarella cheese together. In a separate bowl, whisk to combine chicken broth, sour cream, and green chilies.

Spray a 8x8 pan with cooking spray. Pour thawed tortellini in bottom of pan. Sprinkle half the cheese over tortellini. Scatter cubed chicken over the top. Pour sauce mixture over the chicken/tortellini/cheese and sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.

Bake covered with tin foil at 375 for 15 minutes, uncover and bake for additional 15 minutes until bubbly and golden brown around the edges.

Serves 4.

1 comment:

Velva said...

I have a terrible weakness for cheese too! This baked chicken tortellini looks really delicious.