Thursday, October 29, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Spice Cookies


O how I love pumpkin and chocolate...my mouth is watering just writing this....too bad I made these cookies a week ago and they are all gone! I know I didn't get this love from my mom because she is absolutely DISGUSTED by the though of these cookies! Why, I don't know. They fill all of my requirements for deliciousness: Chocolate, check. Puffy cookies, check. My husband won't touch them, check. (More for ME ME ME!) These are a pumpkin SPICE cookie, so if you are looking for a straight up pumpkin cookie, these are not it!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Spice Cookies

1/4 lb. butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup pumpkin
2 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. baking soda
chocolate chips

Combine butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and pumpkin and cream. In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients, excluding chocolate chips, then combine. Add 1 cup chocolate chips and mix. Bake at 400 degrees for 10-12 minutes.


5 comments:

Michelle said...

I love that combination too! Here's to homemade cookies - cheers :-)

Natasha and Jesse said...

I just came across your website. I love it! I want to try all the recipes, they look delicious. I will definitely book mark your site and visit often. Thanks!

Cathy said...

These cookies sound delicious! Does the recipe really call for 1/4 pound of butter, or is it 1/4 cup? Can't wait to try them out!

Chelsea and Cody said...

Cathy-yep it really is a 1/4 pound of butter...gross, I know!

Marjie said...

REALLY?? Chocolate and pumpkin? (Ha!)