Saturday, April 24, 2010

Secret teriyaki chicken

Grilling season is back! I love simple marinades that I can whip up the night before and have dinner ready in 15 minutes the next night...it seriously makes my day. This one is great!

Secret Teriyaki Chicken

Printable Version


1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup chopped green onions

1/4 cup sugar

2 oranges, juiced

1/3 cup honey

1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger

2 teaspoons minced garlic

1 tablespoon sesame seeds

2 teaspoons dark sesame oil

2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/2 teaspoon black pepper

1 teaspoon hot chili sauce

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts

Mix all of the ingredients, except chicken, in a large bowl, using a whisk to combine. Reserve 1/3 cup of marinade to baste chicken with. Place chicken in a large Zip-lock type bag and carefully pour the remaining marinade over the chicken. Seal bag and place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or up to 24 hours. Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Grill chicken over low heat, basting with reserved marinade, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until juices run clear when chicken is pierced with a fork.


Recipe From Pots & Pins

Serves 4.

3 comments:

AmandaS said...

This is one that I'll be trying..it looks so good. Thanks! (this is Mom, not Amanda!)

Valeri said...

Hi there. I'm not even sure how I happened upon your blog, but I've spent the last hour and a half perusing it and printing off recipes that I can't wait to try! Thanks a bunch! I'm sure I'll be back!

teresa said...

this looks awesome!