Sunday, November 11, 2012

Lemon Quinoa Salad

Aliright folks...it’s official. Summer is over, fall is gone. It’s winter. It’s a balmy 34 degrees here today, and snow is everywhere around us. I'm just waiting for it to get to Omaha. I love the snow, don’t get me wrong. Every once in a while I just want to jump back..mid-summer. This salad takes me there. I have had alot of quinoa in the past few years, and this lemon vinaigrette makes by far the best quinoa salad I’ve ever had. Like I can’t stop eating it, so the whole “less calorie” thing cancels out when you eat 5 servings!

Lemon Quinoa Salad
Printable Version

1 cup dry quinoa, cooked and cooled

Your choice of veggies...I used...
1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
2 ears sweet corn, cut off cob and cooked
15 grape tomatoes, quartered
salt & pepper
1/2 cup feta
basil

Lemon Vinaigrette
1 Tablespoon lemon zest
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 Tablespoons honey
1 garlic clove, microplaned or finely minced
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Combine all ingredients for the Lemon Vinaigrette in a jar or bowl, then shake or whisk to combine and set aside.
Add all of your choice of veggies and the cooked, cooled quinoa to a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Add vinaigrette, feta cheese, and basil to the bowl. Stir well, taste, and add more salt and pepper if necessary.

Recipe adapted from iowagirleats.com
Serves 3.

No comments: