Saturday, November 10, 2012

Pumpkin Waffles

Bring on the pumpkin! My hubby is not a fan of pumpkin, which makes my pumpkin ventures few and far between. I adore it, however, so I have to use my friends as taste-testers...they hate it! Just kidding, they adore me. They love that my husband is a bit on the pickey side, and that they benefit from it! These were the perfect, mild, pumpkin spice flavor. I was getting oooo’s and ahhh’s...and that counts as a success to me!

Pumpkin Waffles
Printable Version

2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
3 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin
2 cups milk
4 eggs, separated
1/4 cup butter, melted

Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer's instructions.
Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, milk, and egg yolks. Whip the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until soft peaks form.
Stir the flour mixture and 1/4 cup melted butter to the pumpkin mixture, stirring just to combine. Use a whisk or rubber spatula to fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the batter, stirring gently until incorporated. Fold in the remaining egg whites. Cook waffles according to manufacturer's instructions.
Top with butter, powdered sugar, and syrup.


Recipe adapted from Better homes and garden

No comments: