Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cream Cheese Stuffed Crunchy Chicken

I LOVE it when my friends and family give me their favorite recipes. We all have our go-to meals, and I would love to try anything that my friends, or YOU, my readers, suggest! This was a great recommendation for a chicken dish, which we all know, chicken is almost always a winner in my kitchen! The creamy inside made the crunchy coating even more enjoyable. Another plus of this meal is that I always have the ingredients on hand! Thanks, Tennille, for the delicious meal!

Cream Cheese Stuffed Crunchy Chicken
Printable Version

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
1 tablespoon of onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
1/2 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup corn flake crumbs

Pre-heat oven to 350. Place chicken breasts between sheets of saran wrap. Flatten to around 1/4 inch thick. Cut a pocket in the chicken breast, horizontally. The easiest way to do this is to lay the chicken on a flat surface, with one hand flat on top. Take the knife and cut into the chicken breasts, horizontally between your hand and flat surface. Do not cut all the way through to the other side, there must be a “pocket” to stuff your filling in to.

In a bowl, beat cream cheese, parsley, onion, garlic salt and pepper and lemon juice until blended. Spoon ½ of the cream cheese mixture into the pocket of each piece of chicken.

Put flour, eggs, and cornflakes on 3 separate plates. Coat stuffed chicken with flour, dip in egg mixture, then corn flakes. Drizzle some olive oil in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat, browning on both sides, about 2 minutes per side. Place chicken in a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

Recipe from Tennille
Serves 2.

3 comments:

AmandaS said...

OH yum! I think the kiddos would love this!

melissakay said...

It was a hit in my house and so easy! Hubs said it's the best chicken he has ever had.

Bella said...

I've been looking for a different way to make chicken--I think I just found it! Thank you! :)