Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Leftover (GASP!) Roast Beef Sandwich

Yes, you read the title correct. Left-over. We don’t eat leftovers, okay, hubby doesn’t. There are a few select things he is okay with “warming up”...lasagne, pizza, and, well, that’s it. Until now! I never know what to do with leftover roast. I don’t want it two days in a row, and neither does Cody. So, to our rescue comes my sister, with a little help from pioneer woman:) My sister always has great recipes, and this one did not dissappoint. Talk about an explosion of fireworks in your mouth! This is jucy, has some kick to it, and O, that stringy melted cheese. Leftover CAN’T get better than this. I promise.  

Leftover (GASP!) Roast Beef Sandwich
Printable Version

1/2 onion, pureed or sliced
6 Tbs. stick Butter
1 pounds leftover roast meat, shredded
4 slices havarti, white american, or swiss cheese
Lawry's Seasoned Salt, to taste
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
Tabasco Sauce, to taste
2 whole deli Rolls

Cook onions in 2 Tbs. butter until soft and light brown. Add meat in single layer. Add lawry’s, worcestershire sauce, 2 to 3 shakes Tabasco, and an additional tablespoon of butter. Stir to combine. Once meat is heated through, add a single layer of cheese and cover. Allow to cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.


While meat is cooking, butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, and enjoy!

Recipe adapted from Pioneer Woman
Serves 2.

2 comments:

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

Oh, man alive. This sounds ah-mazing! I can't wait to try it. But I should probably focus on making a roast first. :)
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Marylyn said...

This was really yummy. I should have used the bread suggested, I used wheat buns, because I didn't want them to go to waste. It was still good. Thanks for sharing.