Friday, April 17, 2009

Homemade Stuffing


I hate homemade stuffing. HATE IT. Everyone tries to throw in chunks of who-knows-what into it. From cornbread with cranberries and pears to whole wheat with sausage and rosemary-yuck! I know, it is so silly, its all stuffing, but not to me. I always resort to Stove Top...plain, delicious stove top. This year for Thanksgiving I was bound and determined to make a good, PLAIN, homemade stuffing. I did it!!! I gathered recipes from family, my hubby's spicing technique, as well as some random advice from those around me, and made a delicious stuffing that I can't wait to make again! Even my sister-in-law who hates stuffing said it was the best she had ever had!

Homemade Stuffing

1 bag (about 8-10 cups) dried bread chunks
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup chicken stock
salt
pepper
poultry seasoning (don't go overboard with this)
sage
white pepper

Mix all of the above together with seasonings, to taste. Bake covered at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, then remove cover and bake for an additional 10-15 to crisp.

No comments: