Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hasselback Potatoes

These are killer! Seriously, killer! My hubbs is now requesting these with every meal that can have potatoes served with it. This was such a fun way to mix it up from the regular baked potato. I can't wait to have them again!

Hasselback Potatoes

4 medium baking potatoes
4 tsp. minced garlic
2 tablespoons butter
Coarse salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 425. Put the potato on a cutting board, flat side down. Start from one end of the potato, cut almost all the way through, making thin slices.

Arrange the potatoes on a baking sheet. Melt butter and stir in minced garlic. Spread between the slits. Sprinkle some salt and freshly ground black pepper over the potoates.

Bake the potatoes for about one hour or until the potatoes turn crispy and the flesh is soft.

Recipe From: Melanie

2 comments:

Delene said...

I have a very strange question for you. I'm a blog stalker (Only Recipe One's). I ran into yours awhile ago and have tried many, with great responses too.

When you say "flat side down" on these potatoes....Is there a flat side? or do I need to cut one side in order to make a flat side?

I'm a little OCD on certain things. Can you tell?....lol.

Chelsea and Cody said...

Delene-
I am so glad that you are a food blog stalker...so am I! It is how we all get started I think. Don't be ashamed!

I will be honest, I don't think that there is necessarily a "flat side" to a potato. They are all so mis-shapen. I just try to put the most EVEN side down, to prevent rolling. On one potato of the 4 I made, I did have to cut a "flat side" to help it out a little!

Thanks for asking...and keep up the stalking!