Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reeses Peanut Butter Bars


My cousin is in big trouble for sending this recipe my way. These taste EXACTLY like Reese's Peanut Butter cups, but with TWICE the amount of Peanut Butter...just how I prefer them. I am always so excited at easter and Christmas because they sell the Reese's eggs and christmas trees, which both have double the peanut butter. Now, finally, I have the homemade version and I don't have to wait for those holidays to get what I really want!

Reese's Peanut Butter Bars

2 cubes margarine
1 1/2 cups peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

In a large, microwave-safe bowl, melt margarine. Remove from microwave and add peanut butter and powdered sugar. With an electric mixer, mix until combined. Grease a 9x13 pan and spread peanut butter mixture into bottom of pan evenly.
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave, stirring every 30 seconds until melted. Pour over peanut butter mixture and refrigerate for at least 1 hour prior to serving.

Recipe Adapted from Ashley

4 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Hooray! I'm famous, glad that they made it on the blog! So glad you liked them (maybe a little too much:)So delish, I might have to whip these up tomorrow!

Felicia said...

I made these and they were perfect for our chocolate-peanut butter fix--especially since they don't sell Reese's anything where we live. Thanks for the recipe.

Unknown said...

Is a cube of butter a whole stick? (1/2 cup)

Chelsea and Cody said...

Jodi...yes that is a whole stick. So 2 sticks of butter total! Sorry bad habit of mine to call it a "cube"! Good luck!