Friday, February 8, 2008

Momma's Mac and Cheese


So obviously I had a lack of similar noodles for this round of Mac and Cheese! We are a whole-wheat clan, but, as you can see, this is quite the array of noodles! It made it fun for a change. This is by far my favorite meal growing up. My mother never ceases to amaze me with this dish. And...the best part...dun dun dun...it is EASY!!!

Momma's Mac and Cheese

1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup wheat flour(or organic wheat rice flour to be GF)
1 1/4 cup milk
8 oz. velveeta
1 lb. cooked pasta(Rice pasta for GF)
Alpine Touch (or salt and pepper for those of you not from MT!)

Melt butter and add milk. Heat on low, add velveeta. When all velveeta is melted, whisk in flour. Serve over cooked noodles and season with the amazing ALPINE TOUCH!

Chef's tips:
We are big whole wheat fans. If you choose to use wheat flour for this dish, slowly add it until correct consistency. 1/4 cup seems to be just too thick for me. As for the Alpine Touch. I have a MASSIVE bag of it, so those of you here in UT, if you would like to experience the amazingness of this seasoning, PLEASE don't be afraid to ask! Us Montanans put it on EVERYTHING!!!

Recipe from Mom
Serves 4.

1 comment:

Ashley Wray said...

Oh man, I need to get a supply of Alpine Touch! I always run out and then am out for like a year before I get some replacements! I have a mac and cheese recipe similar to this and it is oh-so-good!