Thursday, January 8, 2009

French Dips with Swiss


Growing up, I ate french dips on a regular basis. Now, my mother must have loved me, because she always used REAL roast beef. (By real I mean not pre-sliced and purchased at Target like what I do!) I like to make this an easy, LESS than 30-minute meal. It literally takes me 8 minutes...tops. Not to mention the nostalgic feeling I get when eating it...thanks for all of the memories, mom.

Servings: 2 Sandwiches

8 slices roast beef
2 oz swiss cheese
2 good quality sandwich buns
1 Au jus package

Cook Au Jus according to package directions. Place 4 slices of roast beef and 1 oz of cheese on a sandwich bun. Broil open faced for about 1 1/2 minutes. Watch carefully. When cheese has melted and buns are toasted, serve with hot Au Jus.

No comments: