Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Three Cheese Manicotti


First of all...I got a new camera, so expect MUCH higher quality pictures to be appearing on

this blog! I was so excited when I uploaded this pic...it looks professional! YEAH! Anyway, the meal 

itself tasted professional as well. I always look at manicotti recipes and think..."I can whip that up 

in a flash"! I seem to forget about the STUFFING part. So, this meal itself is an extremely 

easy meal to make...it just takes time. I, however, feel that it is well worth it! This meal is very

heavy, I can only eat one shell, and my husband can eat two. I serve it with Divine Breadsticks, so 

that definitely adds to our full factor. I would estimate that this meal can serve four as long as you 

have a delicious side dish as well!


10 uncooked manicotti shells

1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese

3 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 egg, beaten

1 teaspoons dried basil

1 teaspoons dried oregano

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon garlic powder

1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt

leaf spinach, minced (optional)

2 cups spaghetti sauce

Cook manicotti to al dente, about 8-9 minutes. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, seasonings, and spinach(optional). 

Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce on the bottom of an 8x8 baking dish. Stuff manicotti shells with cheese mixture; arrange over sauce. Top with remaining sauce.

Cover and bake at 375 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and manicotti is heated through.

2 comments:

Liz said...

Your pictures look fantastic! This looks great. I have to go to the store later so I think I will pick up the ingredients to make this tonight! Yum! I have also made the breadsticks lots and lots of times and they are the best!

Sweet_Sue said...

oh my my my...EVERYTHING looks so good!