Saturday, January 17, 2009

Lemon Bars

How many recipes are there for Lemon bars? Well, in my search, on one solitary website there were 654. Yes, that is WAY too many to choose from. How are you supposed to know if they are any good? Everyone thinks that their recipe is the best and gives themselves a 5 star rating. Well, after searching for one to use, I decided to use the non-fail one...my sister-in-laws! I have eaten hers a couple of times and they have always been wonderous, so I bugged her and got her recipe. They are so great, I want to share them with you!

From: Wendy

For the crust:

1 cup butter, sofented
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups flour
dash salt

Combine all of the above ingredients using a pastry cutter. Mix until barely crumbly. (I freaked out at this point...you don't think that it will ever turn into a crust from how crumbly it is...have faith, it will! Below is the crust, completely mixed! Scary, huh?!)
Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake 15 minutes at 350 or until barely golden.

For the filling:

4 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup flour
2 cups sugar
6 tbs. FRESH lemon juice

Combine flour and sugar. Stir in eggs and lemon juice. Mix until kind of frothy-about 1 minute.

Pour into semi-cooled crust and bake at 350 for 25 mintutes.

Allow to cool, dust with powdered sugar.

1 comment:

jenniferhoiyin said...

I agree, yum yum! I doubt Aaron got much to nibble on for himself even if I brought enough home for the both of us! :D