Saturday, January 3, 2009

Katie's Kookies


Since I can remember, my cousin Katie has ALWAYS made the best cookies. Whenever she is kind enough to share them with me (which is WAY too often!) I tend to eat half of the plate, on my own. It is a delightful indulgence...until I realize what I have done! So, for those of you looking for those "I ate way too many of these" cookies...here is the recipe. I hope you can enjoy them as often as I have!

From: Katie

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup shortening
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
3 cups flour(I have done 1/2 wheat and 1/2 white and it is delicious!)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Bake at 350 degrees on a greased cooking sheet for 9-10 minutes.

2 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Yummy, this is totally my mom's choc chip cookie recipe and they are so good! I'm a half plate eater too!

Doublebanker said...

Gotta avoid this with my new years resolution...more of a full plate eater here!