Thursday, July 17, 2008

B.S. Cake


Get your mind out of the gutter! It is Bottom Sauce Cake! You silly goof! This is just chocolaty yumminess! (Yumminess must be one of my new fav words...I have been using it quite often!) You absolutely have to serve this with ice cream, or it is too rich for the weaklings...I, on the other had, could down the whole cake plain jane! Like "Bake or Break" said, this will probably not be the prettiest dessert that you will ever serve, but no one will even CARE!

From: Bake Or Break

  • 1 & 1/4 cups granulated sugar, divided into 3/4 cup and 1/2 cup
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 7 tablespoons cocoa, divided into 3 tablespoons and 4 tablespoons
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 & 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
  • 1 & 1/2 cups hot water

Stir together 3/4 cup sugar, flour, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, butter, and vanilla, mixing until smooth. Pour into an ungreased 8-inch square glass baking pan.

In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar, brown sugar, and 4 tablespoons cocoa. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Pour hot water over the top. Do not stir.

Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until center is almost set. Let stand for 15 minutes, then serve. Use the chocolate sauce in the bottom of the pan to spoon over servings. 


2 comments:

jenniferhoiyin said...

Love chocolate!
I'm glad you've been food blogging a lot, I've had no time this summer! I feel like a stranger to my oven lately. I'll have to try this out sometime, and I've yet to try out that yummy cinnamon biscuits recipe too, sheesh.
I can't wait for cooler weather.

Maria said...

The cake looks good to me! Gooey desserts with ice cream...you can't go wrong!