Monday, June 6, 2011

Grilled Pigs in a Blanket



MMM, MMM, GOOD. I love hot dogs, I love bread, and I love baked pigs in a blanket. Why not grill them? HOLY COW what a good decision! I won’t ever grill hotdogs again without wrapping them in some delicious homemade pizza dough and THEN throwing them on the grill. These were amazing, I can’t wait for the summer!

Grilled Pigs in a Blanket
Printable Version

12 hot dogs
American cheese, if desired
1 recipe pizza dough, cut into 12 long strips

Heat your grill to 400 degrees.  Grill each hot dog as to put grill marks on them.  Don’t worry if they are not all the way cooked through. Remove from grill and place on each dough strip a half a slice of American cheese (if desired) and top with one grilled hot dog. Wrap dough in a twisting motion around hotdog.  Spray outside with nonstick spray and place on the top rack of the grill.  Let cook there for 13 to 15 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden brown.

Makes 12 hot dogs

1 comment:

AmandaS said...

I would NEVER have thought of this! The kids will love it. Maybe perfect for a 4th of July party?!